Sunday, November 14, 2010

going green




A couple of months ago I was rummaging through an op shop when I came across an embroidered tablecloth. I knew I wouldn't use it as a tablecloth, but it was just so gorgeous I had to buy it. I stewed over it for ages wondering what I'd do with it, I contemplated giving it to my mum as I knew she'd appreciate it, until I settled on the idea of making some little peasant dresses from it. Here's a preview. My photograhy skills aren't the best, but I'm having some professional photos taken of our new 'gretakids' get-up this weekend, very excited!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Bid - this is adorable. what a clever use of something that is thrifted and beautiful - this way it gets a new lease of life!!! Your daughter looks very happy with her new dress! Hope all is well - Bren xx

    ReplyDelete